To provide services that reflect current business needs and to represent the business interests of the independent energy marketers and convenience store owners of Kansas.
We’re here to provide our members tools to help manage their energy marketing and retail businesses — better. For over 100 years, the Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association of Kansas has been representing the independent petroleum-marketing industry in Kansas.
Today’s PMCA core members include petroleum distributors, gasoline retailers and convenience store operators.
And all our members select from a range of programs and services designed specifically to help them in the day-to-day operations of their business. Among the member business materials, programs, and services we offer, you’ll find:
- PMCA-organized education programs and networking opportunities keeping members in the know and connected to other segments of the industry.
- PMCA representation at the Kansas Capitol, lobbying to ensure legislative policies are in the best interest of PMCA members.
- Through newsletters, email alerts and our quarterly magazine we provide regulatory updates and guidance, keeping members informed on state and federal compliance issues. Help with compliance issues are just a phone call way.
- PMCA sponsored group health insurance along with Association endorsed property/casualty insurance and credit-card-processing programs.
- Daily business consumables, including decals and custom invoices, that are affordable and often not available elsewhere.
- Tank Management Services, Inc. (TMS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of PMCA, provides valuable environmental-data services to tank owners, such as electronic data interchange (EDI) for filing motor fuel tax returns with KDOR and statistical inventory reconciliation (SIR) required by KDHE for some UST owners.
- TMS also provides third-party liability insurance for underground storage tanks and is the sole provider in Kansas of EPA-required operator training program for persons engaged in the use of underground storage tanks.
In addition to PMCA’s distributors and retail members are active associate members representing nearly 100 companies whose products and services are vital to the success of petroleum distributorships, convenience stores, and retail outlets.